Thursday, January 9, 2020

2020 Travel Resolutions

"Life is either a daring adventure or it's nothing at all." ~ Helen Keller

I used to make resolutions at the first of the year. But they often dissolved into nothingness. For example, my resolve to keep a diary when I was a kid. Apparently, I had nothing but a bunch of January's in my past.

So now instead of resolutions, I make plans. And these are my travel plans for 2020:

January--The DH and I will make a quick overnight trip to Springfield, MO (about 100 miles away) with our friends Joy and Mike. (If you've followed this blog, you may remember them from our 2017 Alaskan cruise on the HAL Eurodam, and our excellent adventure together to view the solar eclipse totality near our town!) We have tickets to see Les Miserable.  In the past, we've enjoyed this incredible show in both London and New York. I'm sure a traveling troop is still a "can't miss" performance. The music, the story, the conflict of law and grace and other metaphysical questions--it's an epic show that I'll think about for weeks afterward.

May--We'll be leading our entourage (my parents, our daughters and daughter-in-law, and my nephew) on a 7-day Alaskan cruise round trip out of Seattle. Everyone has their passports, and seating assignments on our flight. When we get within 50-60 days or so from departure, we'll download the Oceans app and learn what "Medallion Class" cruising is all about. IWe've always gone to Alaska in September before. I think I'm most excited about seeing Glacier Bay in spring.



June--It'll be time to tune up the camper and head to northern Iowa for the DH's family reunion. We also hope to do more camping this summer, probably close to home, but maybe a bit farther afield.

September--The DH caught a terrible respiratory bug in 2019 and it hit just before Halloween. He's only now got a voice back. Because it didn't respond to antibiotics or antivirals, one of the many docs he saw for it suggested it might have been allergic at first, then an opportunistic secondary infection moved in. In case it was seasonal allergy related, we plan to get the heck out of Dodge this year. We're booked on a 19 day cruise out of LA to the Panama Canal and back! It'll be just the dose of sunshine we need before winter settles in.



Then on January 3, 2021, we ....

...to be continued!   

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be plenty busy with your travels this year. So far, our only plan for 2020 is the TransAtlantic from Florida to Barcelona in March, followed by family time in Turkey (which I don't consider travel unless we squeeze in some side trips), and a 10-day Oceania cruise in late May before we return home. Now that we have a new-to-us motorhome, we hope to do some short road trips this summer ... but so far no concrete plans as to where and when.

    I'm I mis-remembering that you booked another world cruise ... this time on Cunard? Maybe for 2021?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your memory is excellent, Erin. I plan to unveil our 2021 plans in my next post!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's chat!