Friday, January 12, 2018

How to Follow & Comment

The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do. -- B. F. Skinner

I'm a self-confessed techno-idiot. Back when the DH was heading up an inter-airline working group to design the first e-tickets and check-in kiosks, he'd bring home the proto-type for me to test for him. If I could make it work, he reasoned, anyone could. 

Anyway, I figured I may not be alone in my technological deficit, so here's a little tutorial if you'd like to have my new posts come directly to your email in-box.

  1. Find the "Follow Us!" widget in the left hand column <-------
  2. Input your email address.
  3. Click Submit.
  4. You may have to prove you're not a robot. (I've tried to remove this silly requirement, but see the confession above. No measurable technological skills here.)  Why? I have no clue. Follow it! did not ask my opinion before they designed it like this.
  5. Go to your email. There should be a message from this blog asking if you really intended to subscribe. (If it's not there, please check your spam filter.) After all you've been through, I hope you're up for one more affirmative click.
  6. That's it! Put your feet up and relax. You just booked a ticket to travel vicariously with me all the way around the world! (Best part about this deal is that you still get to sleep in your own bed!) 
Several people have told me they have trouble adding a comment to the blog, so here are step by step directions:

  1. If there is no comment box at the bottom of the post, you'll see the date of the post, then the word Comment in blue. If someone has beat you to it, there may be a number in front of the word.
  2. Click on Comment and the box should open.
  3. Type in your thoughts. I can't wait to read them!
  4. You'll see "Comment as" and a scroll down box. If you have one of the listed ID's, great. Pick that. If not, you can still comment by selecting Anonymous.
  5. Click Publish.
  6. You may have to prove you're not a robot again. Click the box and a set of images for you to deal with will probably pop up. Again, I apologize. If I could eliminate this silliness, I would.
  7. Click publish again. And maybe again. 
  8. If you're commenting on a post that's more than 14 days old, it'll need to be approved before it's published. This is to eliminate bots and people who have nothing better to do than to leave comments touting some unrelated product or service. It sometimes takes me a while to visit the part of the site that requires me to sift through things, but I will eventually get there. Promise.  
I truly do appreciate hearing from you and will try to respond to each one. Please be aware that if you are receiving my posts by email, you can't leave a comment there. You'll need to click on the Title of the post, which will take you to the RoundTheWorldWriter blog itself where you can add your insights! 

I look forward to hearing from YOU!

P.S. My online blogging buddy, Erin Erkun shared in the comment section that readers can also choose the NAME/URL option and leave the URL space blank! This is a great alternative to "Anonymous." Thanks, Erin!



8 comments:

  1. People can also use the Name/URL option to comment ... just leave the URL box empty. This way they can put their name to the comment instead of it being anonymous ... which has a higher percentage of chance of going to the comment spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me vicariously tag along on your adventures! ATW is my bucket list and anything is possible! Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ATW cruise is on my bucket list but not on my DH’s! 🙁. So I am 😞. Guess I will have to be content with living vicariously through you. Enjoy your trip and make a lifetime of memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took my very first cruise years ago with my sister who was a travel agent at the time. She was given a "familiarization trip" so she could more easily sell the experience and she was allowed to bring along a guest for only $15.00! Even with that steal of a deal, her husband did not want to go. Some people really don't like the idea of bobbing about in the ocean. Anyway, I was the lucky 2nd choice. My sister and I had a great time together, but we both agreed it's not terribly romantic to walk on the deck in the moonlight with your sister!

      I'm glad you're armchair traveling with me and will try very hard to bring the things we experience to life for you!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to explain how to add a comment.

    Looking forward to reading of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to do it! I'm looking forward to sharing this wonderful experience with you!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's chat!