Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Thoughts

"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined." Isaiah 9:2

This Christmas, a dear friend of mine has entered into hospice care. I weep that this wonderful woman is going to be leaving us. She made a huge impact on my life, but I take comfort in the fact that because the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, we have hope. I will see her again, whole and vibrant in that place of Light.  

Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas and a joyous New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Hugs. One of my teaching buddies lost her dad just days before Christmas, I know how hard this is. The thought of seeing my parents again," whole and vibrant," really sustained me when I lost them. Mom's last Christmas Eve was spent in the ER and she passed a few short weeks later after being in hospice care here at my house.

    It was a very Blessed Christmas full of family and love, I hope yours was, too. I'm looking forward to spending part of this new year with you onboard the Pacific Princess!! See you SOON!!!

    Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words, Kristy. Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks, yet I feel as if we're already friends. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a Happy Christmas! M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful Christmas, Mom. Spending the day with you and Dad was so sweet. Love you bunches! (Hey! You're getting good at leaving comments!)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's chat!