Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Hurrier I Go the Behinder I Get

 Going on a trip. Need 4 outfits. Packed 35 just in case. ~ Anonymous

Honestly, it feels like I've been packing every day for the last two weeks!

Probably because I have...

But I'm beginning to see the light at the end of  my nearly denuded closet--which tells me I've over-packed again but that's another post. Here's an abbreviated version of my list:

The mounds of stuff were higher than this and there was
overflow on the coffee table
Casual Clothes
Pants--3 knit, two pairs of jeans, 1 pair of capris
 
Tops--Cotton knit Tunics—6
Tanks--7
Cotton shirts--4
The chaos fits in two large cases & two rolling carry-on's.
Sweaters (cardigans)--4
Shoes--2 casual, 2 sandals, 2 heels (low heels of course!)
Smart Attire for evenings
Pants-7
Tops
Blingy tunics 10
Fancy tanks 5
Jackets/Kimonos--4
Gala--Gowns: Black, Purple, FlapperDress (for the Roaring Twenties Night!)
Pants
Black palazzos
Silver/gray palazzos

Jacket/Kimono
Black/Gold jacket, Red Sequin jacket, Purple Sequin jacket, Purple/Green Kimono, Red/Black Kimono, White Capelet,
Black/Gold Kimono, Black/Silver Kimono

Foundation garments: Camisole bras 11, PJs 2, Sleep cami 4, Undies 20, Socks 7, black nylons, knee-hi's 10, Swimsuit  & Cover-up 
Odds&Ends- Visor/Hat, Excursion Bag, Rain Poncho, Umbrellasbinoculars, sewing kit (thanks again, Marcy!), magnets (for hanging things on the walls), AAAbatteries, Power Converter (2), power strip, Phone chargers, computer &  power cord, Sleep8 & cords (an ingenious system for cleaning my bi-pap that fits snugly anywhere!)
Morpheus (my affectionate name for my bi-pap), Backpack Herkimer (Portable Oxygen for excursions) Spare POC (portable oxygen concentrator) batteries, POC battery charger, 5 canulas
Storage-- 2 purple bedside bins, Do.NoHarm hooks, 3 black bins, laundry basket, Wig hanger
Documents & stuff-- Cruise docs, passports, Vaccination records, insurance info, moneybelt, jewelry (most of which is borrowed from my mother. Thanks, Mom. I'll be at my blingy best!)
Toiletries--Prescription meds for both of us, Mucinex, Advil, Band-aids, Antibiotic cream, Pepto, Tums, Imodium, Sudafed, Excedrin migraine, Cough drops
Personal care--Hair gel, Toothbrushes, Pink moisturizer, Plexiderm, Powder, Blush, Eye shadow,
Eye pencil (2), Lipstick (3), Tweezers, Razor, hairbrush, headband, Pony tail holders, Hair pins,
Bobby pins, Hair clips, Decorative hair clips
3 wigs: Joelle, Elle, Beauty, Tribble hair, Wig brush

I'm a pretty accomplished packer if I do say so myself, but I don't pack for my DH. In fact, I broke him of it fairly early in our marriage. We went away for a weekend for which I organized a bag for both of us. However, I failed to pack ANY underwear for HIM.

He never asked me to pack again. 





2 comments:

  1. Had to giggle at tribble hair again :). And I hope some of those casual shoes are waterproof! That feature would feature prominently on this packing list if it were mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nynke! So lovely to hear from you!

      My blue sneakers and red loafers are pretty good for hikes--at least for the length of trekking I'll be doing. We are expecting possible showers, but I don't think we'll be out in the elements too much. We're planning a cruise to view Pulpit Rock from the fjord in Stavanger, a trip to Grieg's house in Bergen, a train trip from Flaam, and a Troll-themed tour in Alesund. Oh! and we're going to Stonehenge from Southampton. Hopefully, we won't get too soaked anywhere, but we don't let a little water stop us.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's chat!