Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Sea is Calling...

Something most people don't know about my DH is that he has a poet's soul. Every now and then, he writes a love poem to me and I thought you might enjoy this one of his because it's inspired by our many ocean journeys together...

.



     


 



 




 The Sea is Calling...


The sea is calling,
     my soul can hear it's cry.
I feel the pull of the tides rushing out,
    calling to new adventures, new experience.

Waves pound on the sand,
    undertows pull at my heart to places unknown.

 

Gulls give their forlorn cries,
    while fish dance across the swells.
Vast vistas of water and sky,
    beautiful sunrises over exotic places,
Sunsets erupting in glorious colors,
   moonbeams dancing across the waters.

Come with me to new adventures,
    hold me tight as we explore new lands.
Discover ourselves on the vast, ceaseless waves,
    grow in our love as we build new memories together.

  

No wonder I can't wait to run away with this man!

The next blog I post will probably be from Bergen, after we've run the gauntlet of TSA and plane hopping, and are settled happily in our cabin on the Viking Venus! I promise to give you a tour and keep you up to speed on our small doings as we go in search of the Northern Lights...

...if there are any communication satellites circling the Arctic. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts from the DH. Very good luck for the trip to Venus! I look forward to your postings about the voyage -- we've done a Hurtigruten ferry trip from Bergen to Kirkenes and it was otherworldly. Fingers crossed that you'll get to see the Northern Lights. Still on my bucket list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about Hurtigruten. Thanks for the well-wishes, KTraveller

      Delete
  2. What a lovely poem! I hope you have a wonderful cruise and am looking forward to your cabin tour and to hearing all about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to remember and video the cabin before we've unpacked and messed it all up!

      Delete
  3. I suspect you may be on the Venus with Steve Rhodes from the Facebook Group! Have a wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We'll have to look for Steve, as well as the Northern Lights!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's chat!