Monday, February 14, 2022

Day 36 ~ Farewell to South America

February 14, 2022

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” —Charles M. Schulz

I guess because there's a jewelry shop on board and it's Valentine's Day, someone asked me what my husband was going to give me to celebrate the occasion. 

Are you kidding? He's taking me on a 122 days cruise to exotic, strange and fascinating places. He's good for Valentines, my birthday, Mother's Day, our anniversary, Christmas, Groundhog's Day...Seriously, this boy's ticket is well and truly punched! 

And his photo montage is so complete, he's even done the blog for me today. Here are several snippets of our adventures in Montevideo:


I will only add that after we had a tomahawk steak dinner on the pool deck, we went up to Deck 8 to enjoy the almost full moon. Captain Olaf had announced that the International Space Station was going to pass above the Star around 8:05 and be visible for a few minutes. My eagle-eyed sweetheart spied it, glistening like a jewel, as it made its way across the inky sky almost directly overhead. We watched it until it disappeared in the earth's shadow. 

Oh! And I also forgot to mention that the captain had another stargazing evening a few days ago. At that time, we were able to see the larger of the Magellanic Clouds (a sort of hazy appearing satellite galaxy that dogs the Milky Way. Eventually it will be gobbled up by the Milky Way, according to Dave, but it won't happen in our lifetimes.)

Now we have 9 sea days until we set foot on land again at the Cape Verde islands.

More soon...

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing us to travel with you, the sights and sounds are amazing and remind us to appreciate the the smaller things of life. Your Valentines Day comments put a large appreciative smile on both mine and my husbands faces.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel … the best gift ever for any occasion. And a world cruise covers many, many, many occasions ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's chat!