Sunday, January 30, 2022

Day 21 ~ Welcome to Our Home Away from Home!

“The days pass happily with me wherever my ship sails.” – Joshua Slocum

One of the things I really love about cruising is that we only have unpack once. Our stateroom becomes our very own tiny house for the length of our adventure. It becomes our home.

We are in a deluxe veranda on the Viking Star and the space is perfect! Our room stewards, Vi and Yoyok, anticipate our every need and keep the stateroom so clean. They are always asking if we need anything else to be perfectly comfortable. They don't know the word "no." When they noticed we'd run out of magnets to post our "artwork" on the walls, they left a handful of powerful ones. Want another pillow? Just ask. 

Like most lived-in spaces, it becomes what we need it to be. We've made a few alterations in the room that make it work better for us and I'm happy to share our place with you. To that end, we made a little video today. 


And then I was rudely interrupted by my phone, reminding me to "take a pill, take a pill!" So here's  the rest of the nickel tour: 

Hope you enjoyed visiting our little getaway space! We're having a wonderful time, "exploring the world in comfort" on the Viking Star! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour ... it's always interesting to see how people organize their cabins to suit their own needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one design flaw I can see in the Viking verandah's is the narrowness of the space between the bed and the closet. Otherwise, the room is very comfortable.

      As far as organization goes, we rely on Vi & Yoyok to keep us together!

      Delete
    2. I 100% agree. Every Viking Ocean cruise I've been on I say...that closet is in the wrong place!!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for doing that--we go in 2 years so that is all so very helpful. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to highlight a couple of things. There are two drawers in the bathroom which we have full to bursting with our prescriptions and OTC meds. And in the bedside tables there is a shallow drawer, and a void space beneath that which we've used one of our collapsible bins from home. Mine holds my extra canulas and cpap supplies. The DH stores most of our electric cords and chargers in his.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the tour, and thank you for allowing us to live vicariously through your travels! I love checking my email every morning to see if you have dropped us a new tale of your adventures. Stay safe and enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let's chat!